Who are we?
Payfuture is a Fintech Company, a payment gateway connector that specialises in offering local payments in emerging market countries spanning the Indian subcontinent, Africa, Southeast Asia and LATAM.
Payfuture lowers the barriers of entry and provides ease of market access for an eCommerce merchant’s future expansion. We are growing at a phenomenal speed and have offices in the UK, India, The Philippines and UAE.
What’s the opportunity?
Based in our UAE office, you will be responsible for expanding Payfuture’s geographical and payment method footprint across geographies. You will do this by building strategic partnerships with acquirers, regulators and local processors to drive a seamless payments experience for global merchants.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to work on an international stage and join an organisation that is currently going through an inspiring growth phase, as we continuously deliver year-on-year.
What will I be doing?
- Identifying local key stakeholders – networking and building solid, lasting relationships with Central Banks, Banks and Local Payment Processors to create business partnerships. You will identify key business relationships and build partnerships for understanding challenges and opportunities
- Preparing market/competition analyses as well as deal memos necessary to support the investment/business decisions. You will identify operational gaps in new offerings and setting operational requirements for new projects
- Negotiating and executing commercial partnerships and agreements. You will stay abreast with local regulations and engage with regulators in case it is necessary
- Working with internal teams on operations/ product/ technology road map and integration of partnerships. You will work closely with merchants and the commercial team, focusing on the development of key products
- Analyzing performance results and optimize accordingly. You will improve operational capabilities for the different payment methods
- Staying on top of local regulatory/licensing requirements and how it impacts our business. You will establish / maintain contact with local lawyers, accountants and tax experts in order to ensure the operation is running smoothly
What skills do I need?
- A bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field with a minimum of 5+ years of international expansion, new market entry or tech marketplace experience with an emphasis on payments. You have international work experience in Africa and LATAM
- You are passionate with the drive and the desire to be a part of a growing team that makes a difference for both the company and our clients
- You are a strong team player with the ability to anticipate, work independently and demonstrate ownership. You are a productivity geek who constantly thinks of ways to improve on speed, quality and compliance
- You are a structured oral and written communicator. You possess excellent negotiation and leadership skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas simply
- You write and speak fluent English. Additional languages are a bonus
Our Hiring Process
Our hiring process is designed to be agile and a candidate who’s applying for the Expansion Manager role will go through the following steps:
- Our Hiring Team will review your application as soon as we get it
- Our Recruiter will contact you to learn more about your experience, detail the role and understand your motivations
- A call / meeting with our Chief People and Culture Officer
- DISC Assessment
- Interview with our Co-Founders
You will be updated regarding the specific steps along the process. If you don’t hear from us this time, don’t worry! We’re constantly updating our careers page with new positions, make sure to come back and apply for a different role!