Lead .NET Developer
Who are we?
Payfuture is a Fintech Company, a payment gateway connector that specialises in offering local payments in emerging market countries spanning the Indian subcontinent, Africa, Southeast Asia and LATAM.
Payfuture lowers the barriers of entry and provides ease of market access for an eCommerce merchant’s future expansion. We are growing at a phenomenal speed and have offices in the UK, India, The Philippines and UAE.
What’s the opportunity?
The Lead .NET Developer is responsible for guiding a team of developers to understand product requirements and developing the architecture & specifications for systems to support them. The Lead Developer will provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
This role will represent and guide our development team setting the pace, path, and standard for all programming activities. The lead developer also works with managers and peers to improve technical processes. This individual should be able to work with both custom and package software.
What will I be doing?
- Design and develop business functionality in multi-tier web solutions while improving code quality and infrastructure
- Build scalable, unit testable solutions for our website applications and do code reviews
- Champion a culture of good security, coding standards, architecture patterns, resiliency, and documentation practices
- Work across all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment, operations and support)
- Lead a cross-disciplinary Agile team to understand requirements, do product backlog grooming, sprint planning, execution, and retrospectives
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all associates and business contacts and promote a strong sense of teamwork
- Developer leadership – Mentor and coach other developers and be able to collaborate with offshore teams while leading technology direction and improving codebase
- See the big picture for interconnected systems, building resiliency, and how solutions can be operationalize / monitored once they move to production
- Optimize website speed / performance and enhance SEO
- Collaborate with internal customers to determine the most efficient, cost-effective approach to meet their business requirements
What skills do I need?
- 8+ years of .NET experience and hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable work experience (Master’s degree preferred), with hands-on knowledge and experience in with C# and .NET Core (minimum of 2+ years)
- You are experienced in REST APIs, SOLID principles, design patterns. You have experience in building APIs or other web services
- You are experienced with JIRA and BitBucket / Git for source control. You also have Database experience – SQLServer
- You are experienced with Code Reviews, CI / CD implementation and handling a small team
- Prior experience of any cloud platform (eg: Azure/ AWS). Hands-on experience with Cloud-native application development and knowledge of other databases would be a plus
- You possess fantastic analytical skills to debug complex problems and curiosity/passion for technology
Our Hiring Process
Our hiring process is designed to be agile and a candidate who’s applying for the Lead .NET Developer role will go through the following steps:
- Our Hiring Team will review your application as soon as we get it
- Our Recruiter will contact you to learn more about your experience, detail the role and understand your motivations
- A call / meeting with the Hiring Manager
- A call / meeting with our Chief People and Culture Officer
- DISC Assessment
- Interview with our Co-Founders
You will be updated regarding the specific steps along the process. If you don’t hear from us this time, don’t worry! We’re constantly updating our careers page with new positions, make sure to come back and apply for a different role!