Who are we?
Payfuture is a Fintech Company, a payment gateway aggregator that specialises in offering local payments in emerging market countries spanning the Indian subcontinent, Africa, Southeast Asia and LATAM.
Payfuture lowers the barriers of entry and provides ease of market access for an eCommerce merchant’s future expansion. We are growing at a phenomenal speed and have offices in the UK, India, The Philippines and UAE.
What’s the opportunity?
Based in our UAE office, the Legal Assistant will directly support and work closely with our Co-founders. The ideal candidate will provide timely, professional, and solution-focused legal support to provide best outcomes and support the rapid ongoing growth of our business. This is a fast-paced role where you will be required to work on multiple projects at once and expected to respond to queries quickly.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to work on an international stage and join an organisation that is currently going through an inspiring growth phase, as we continuously deliver year-on-year.
What will I be doing?
- Arrange the execution of legal documents (NDAs, contracts, deeds etc)
- Preparation and maintenance of board minutes, resolutions and regulatory company filings across jurisdictions
- Conduct legal research, contract reviews and collect relevant documents and information
- Support drafting of international payments contracts with other financial institutions, mobile network operators, merchants and Fintechs
- Partner with Sales, Product and Compliance teams to resolve open contractual points
- Provide strategic legal and commercial advice to international Sales teams
- Draft and negotiate ad-hoc agreements to support commercial activities (e.g., referral, exclusivity)
- Coordinate the execution of agreements and legalization of documents with international colleagues and counterparts
- Continually seek efficiencies in process, contract automation and other ways to improve the team’s output and outcomes
What skills do I need?
- A bachelor’s degree in law or equivalent, with 3-5 years of legal experience either with a law firm or a financially regulated / Fintech business
- Have prior experience drafting and negotiating contracts, with a solid understanding of the legal processes and procedures in the UAE and Singapore
- Have clear written and verbal communication skills in English
- Can work in a fast-paced environment and manage own workload
- Possess knowledge/ experience of the payment industry (desirable)
Our Hiring Process
Our hiring process is designed to be agile and a candidate who’s applying for the Legal Assistant role will go through the following steps:
- Our Hiring Team will review your application as soon as we get it
- Our Recruiter will contact you to learn more about your experience, detail the role and understand your motivations
- A call / meeting with our Chief People and Culture Officer
- Interview with our Co-Founders
- DISC Assessment
You will be updated regarding the specific steps along the process. If you don’t hear from us this time, don’t worry! We’re constantly updating our careers page with new positions, make sure to come back and apply for a different role!